Architecture for XML Binding
|JAXB 2.0||Tools||JAXB 1.0.x||JAXB RI Extensions||JAXB Community|
The Java TM Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB) provides an API and tools that automate the mapping between XML documents and Java objects.
The JAXB framework enables developers to perform the following operations:
- Unmarshal XML content into a Java representation
- Access and update the Java representation
- Marshal the Java representation of the XML content into XML content
JAXB gives Java developers an efficient and standard way of mapping between XML and Java code. Java developers using JAXB are more productive because they can write less code themselves and do not have to be experts in XML. JAXB makes it easier for developers to extend their applications with XML and Web Services technologies.
DocumentationDocumentation for this release consists of the following:
- Release Notes
- Running the binding compiler (XJC): [ command-line instructions, using the XJC Ant task]
- Running the schema generator (schemagen): [ command-line instructions, using the SchemaGen Ant task]
- Unofficial JAXB User's Guide
- Javadoc API documentation (javax.xml.bind.*)
- Sample Applications
- JAXB FAQs [ java.sun.com, jaxb.dev.java.net]
- Copyright Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
- The JAXB RI Release is covered by the dual license between Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL) and GNU Public License v2 + classpath exception
- Additional copyright notices and license terms applicable to portions of the software are set forth in the 3rd Party License README